Navegacción del contenido actual
- Environmental information (Government of Navarra)
Information and documentation
Visit our Library specialising in the Environment, Sustainability and Environmental Education.
It houses more than 7,000 graphic and audiovisual documents.
We deal with queries and lend out informative and technical material.
Titles, publications and material available at www.catalogobiblioteca.org
Find information on institutions, bodies, associations and companies related to the environment in Navarra in the Navarran Environmental Resource Guide, as well as resources (equipment, material) and activities.
Right of access to environmental information: we inform you
Law 27/2006 on the “Right to information, participation and access to justice in environmental matters" establishes a framework which embraces all of CRANA’s services and confirms the objectives which led the Department of the Environment, Land Organisation and Housing (now Rural Development and the Environment) to set up the centre as an instrument through which to encourage participation and information regarding environmental matters.
Civil rights regarding environmental information include:
- To access the environmental information in the possession of the public administration
- To be informed of the rights granted by law
- To be counselled for their correct exercise
- To be assisted in the search for information
- To know why all or some of the information is not provided in the form or format requested
Environmental participation is the process of sharing decisions on those matters which affect one’s own life or that of the community one lives in. It specifically caters for the direct involvement of the public in knowledge, assessment, prevention and correction of environmental problems. (White Book on Environmental Education in Spain).
Advantages of environmental participation (Francisco Heras, CENEAM):
- Problems solved more effectively
- Encourages social integration and strengthens communities
- Develops the feeling of belonging to and identifies people with their environment
- Encourages individuals’ environmental knowledge and responsibility
- Prevents conflict
- Allows people to understand the decisions taken and lends them legitimacy
- Encourages the continuity of decided action
- Necessary in the face of uncertainty
We can advise you in your search for the relevant Administration and help you get in touch with it, this being one of the objectives of Information and Documentation.
Imprimir Compartir este contenido